When you create your letterhead, unfortunately, hiring a professional designer may be out of your budget. You can still have a professional letterhead that is cost effective, visually appealing, and able to capture the essence of what your company is all about. Your company letterhead shows that you are ready to compete, so it should look professional.
“A letterhead often is the first section a reader notices on a letter. Thus, it is important your letterhead appropriately reflect the essence of the individual or business,” according to Gary Shelly, Thomas Cashman and Misty Vermaat in their book, “Microsoft Office 2007.”
Difficulty: Moderately Easy
Things you’ll need:
Letter size 8.5 X 11 white printer paper
Microsoft Publisher software
1. Open Microsoft Publisher and click “Publications for Print”.
2. Choose the kind of publication you want in the “New Publication” task pane. Click “Letterhead”, and you will have a choice between using plain paper or special paper. Click on plain paper.
3. Look at the templates. Choose a publication design that you like in the gallery. A letterhead template appears.
4. Type your business information into the personal information page. This includes your name, job or position, organization name, address, phone, fax, and email.
5. Include a color scheme. Choose format color schemes to display the color schemes task pane, and select a scheme. Click on the colors that you like.
6. Import your company logo right in the design of the letterhead. Your logo should be a design that expresses what your business is and helps you stand out from the competition.
7. Upload your logo by clicking the design gallery object. Clicking logo under the categories tab, click insert object and click to edit options, under logo design category, click logo options, click inserted picture, and click “choose picture”.
8. Save the file.
9. Print one copy to be sure that you like the color scheme and layout. If you don’t you can always go back into your saved file and make any changes and readjustments.
10. Print enough copies so that you can have them for daily use. For example, if you use a heavier weight paper 24 pound you can print one hundred sheets at a time. For daily use you can use a 20 pound paper.
Tips & Warnings
· Try using the feature for envelopes in Microsoft Publisher. A matching envelope will enhance your company letterhead.
· Make sure you proofread everything.
“Microsoft Office 2007: Introductory Concepts and Techniques, Windows
Vista”; Gary B. Shelly, Thomas J. Cashman, Misty E. Vermaat; 2008